11 Smart Strategies that Help You to Discover Your True Talents and Skills
Written by Stella @ StellaFrances on August 15, 2016
Are you aware of all the talents and skills you possess? Unless you have spent many hours thinking about this exact question, chances are there are many talents and skills that have eluded your awareness and that’s ok, because with just a little bit of digging you can discover them.
Try these techniques to bring out your hidden talents and skills:
- Revisit your early years. Think back to those wild and carefree days. What did you like to do? What were you good at? What did you enjoy doing immensely? Remember what it was you wanted to be when you grew up? Revisiting the past can help you remember a talent or two that you probably forgot about.
- Spend some time alone. Take that time for yourself! When you change your surroundings, your perspective changes as well. Go hiking, do some gardening, or even get out of town for a couple of days. Chances are, those great ideas are going to start coming to you.
- Take a test. We see them all the time. Personality tests, skill, and interest assessments. Take one! Take a couple! Answer them honestly so you can get an accurate assessment and then compare the results. It’s likely that there will be some commonalities that are going to point to some strengths that you weren’t aware you had!
- Ask others what they think. Don’t be afraid to ask those who know and love what they think your greatest strengths and talents are. They are seeing the things you are amazing at, that you may not be. Be open to the things they tell you, you never know where it could lead!
- Make a list. Remember all those accomplishments you’ve made and how they made you feel? Write those down! What talents and/or skills do you use to make them happen? Do you see some overlying themes?
- What is unique about you? We’re all unique, there’s no doubt about that, but what are those key traits that you make you different from your family, friends and co-workers? Are you great at keeping everything organized? Are you a fantastic baker? Ask those around you what are some things that make you stand out.
- What do you enjoy? When you get that free afternoon to yourself, what is it you do? Do you spend that time baking yummy goodies or working on your classic car? Often times, you strengths lie in your interests.
- What do you like to talk about? What are those things that you’re so passionate about that you talk about them to whoever will listen? What things do you think make for an exciting conversation?
- When do you lose track of time? Is it building things with your hands? Is it painting? Gardening? All those great things that keep you fully engaged are playing to your strengths.
- What’s easy for you? Do you just breeze right through all things math related? Are you the person everyone comes to for cooking advice and recipes? Those things that come easy to you are leading you to your true talents!
- If you went back to school, what would you choose as your major? Writing? Do you love to write, read, and create? Botany? Do you love plants, trees and our earth? Knowing what you would choose to study in school can help those hidden skills and talents come out.
Knowing your strengths and talents are beneficial for living a more satisfying and fulfilled life. You’ll be in a better position to make money, feel confident, and contribute more to the world when being able to use all your strengths and talents, and who doesn’t want that? Let’s show the world what you’re capable of!
Are you searching for your dream…your purpose? Looking to find more freedom, love, balance, a second calling, or lead a more inspired, deeper and heart-centered existence?
With Stella Frances’s coaching packages – you can find your happy!